The Lotus Drivers Club has been producing three issues per year (Spring, Summer and Winter) of the highly regarded Chicane members magazine since 1980, culminating in an encyclopedic 100th edition in 2014.
The magazine is a combination of useful information for Lotus owners and well written feature articles which make the magazine a good ‘sit down read’. The club contacts with the Lotus factory and Classic Team Lotus enable regular reports and interesting articles to be published revealing the higher and inner workings of these organisations.
The magazine is a professionally prepared publication on good quality glossy paper and is the main reason many members join the club. It contains the following on a regular basis:
- Contact details for all the club committee members
- List of club events and regular monthly meetings
- Club news
- Editors introduction highlighting special features or articles
- Chairmans chatter – a few words from our Chairman
- Regular ‘Scottish Snippets’ feature from the clubs Scotland Area Coordinator Jim Grant
- Feature article on the Lotus model type (the current issue number of the magazine). This ranges over F1 cars to production models and sometimes covers a project cade (misprint?) for a prototype vehicle which never made it into production. Such articles are possible due to our close relationship with the factory and Classic Team Lotus.
- Features on Lotus Cars new and old.
- Articles on Lotus the company, Lotus F1, etc.
- Classic Team Lotus news from MD Clive Chapman, son of Colin, on their restoration and racing activities of historic and classic Lotus racing cars.
- Technical articles on maintaining and using Lotus cars (more applicable to the older models).
- Event reports from the club events
- Club racing reports – from members racing activities in Lotus cars.
- Reports of good drive routes, written by members when they have found a new driving route which particularly suits Lotus cars.
- Interviews with key people in the world of Lotus.
- Contacts for cost effective insurance companies for Lotus cars.
- Sales, Parts and Service outlets for Lotus cars.
- Technical advice on running any Lotus.
- Discount on parts and services, insurance, etc. to help with running a Lotus.