Lotus and Friends Launch the ‘US LOT sessions’ Podcast
Last year Lotus launched the US LOT Podcast as part of a drive to enhance internal communications across the company. Today, to keep in touch with performance car fans around the world affected by social distancing and self-isolation, the podcast is launched as a new public service broadcast from Lotus: welcome to the ‘US LOT Sessions’.
Season 1: Episode 1 is now available for download, with six more episodes to follow in the coming weeks. Each is hosted by Rob Borrett, Lotus PR Manager, in conversation with a special guest who has a strong connection to, or love of, Lotus.
Episode 1 was recorded at Hethel, UK – the home of Lotus since 1966 – at the end of last year and before the Covid-19 crisis. Rob is joined by Gavan Kershaw, Director of Attributes and Product Integrity for Lotus… but better known as the legendary test driver who has helped shape the performance of its cars for more than 30 years. He’s a motorsport champion, multiple winner of the Autocar Sideways Challenge and designer of the world-famous test track for TV show Top Gear.
The podcast starts in dramatic fashion, with Gavan explaining vehicle dynamics to Rob… at more than 120mph on Hethel’s iconic 2.2-mile circuit. In the coming six episodes, two a week on a Tuesday and Thursday, listeners can look forward to hearing from:
- Ant Anstead: TV’s Wheeler Dealer and Master Mechanic reveals how a Lotus Elise saved his life
- Magnus Walker: the legendary Sheffield-born ‘LA Urban Outlaw’ car collector shares stories of Lotus ownership
- Matt Farah: the American automotive journalist and host of The Smoking Tire podcast chats about driving Lotus cars, including a road trip around California and going full throttle on some its best race circuits
- Helen Stanley and Ant Partridge from TV show Goblin Works Garage: the presenting pair highlight which of the Lotus back catalogue they would modify and why
- GF Williams: the London-based automotive photographer is best known for his hypercar images, but explains why his Lotus Exige has its own social media following
- Alex Goy: the British automotive journalist and Lotus owner tells of a recent trip to Australia, where he took on the famous Mount Panorama circuit – home of the Bathurst 12 Hour endurance race – in a Lotus.